Affording a SEM Education
We are pleased to announce that we have reset the day tuition for the
2021-22 school year to $18,510 - a nod to our founding year, 1851.
In 1851 the Buffalo Female Academy was founded to provide girls an extraordinary education – an education equal to that which was available for boys. Our founders recognized that to educate women was to ready them to lead and to contribute to their communities.
The SEM Board of Trustees acknowledges the uncertain and challenging economic times facing us across the globe. We understand that a SEM education is an investment, and the decision to apply and to enroll has many factors, including the cost of college.
For 170 years, the SEM experience has been rooted in excellence and innovation. We are investing more, not less, into making SEM the finest education for your daughter. We are fortunate to be able to approach these challenging times with creativity and commitment because of the strength of our institution, our endowment, and the generous support of generations of SEM families.
Applicants for 2021-22:
To be considered for financial aid and merit scholarships in the first round of admissions we recommend your application be completed by December 9, 2020.
Now, more than ever,
the world needs more SEM girls.
2021-22 TUITION: $18, 510
SEM tuition includes daily lunch and athletic fees*
* Note: There are incremental fees for individual student memberships in national organizations for bowling, crew, sailing, and squash.
- Why is SEM rethinking tuition?
- How is SEM able to do this?
- What was the 2020-21 day student tuition?
- Has the tuition for the current 2020-21 school year changed?
- What is the adjusted 2020-21 day student tuition?
- What is the 2021-22 tuition?
- Will there still be merit scholarships?
- Will there still be tuition support (financial aid)?
- How does a reset affect a SEM education?