The promise of SEM is to prepare graduates to:
- Enthusiastically share what makes them unique
- Pursue new learning experiences with curiosity
- Speak confidently and listen with an open mind
- Converse with anyone about anything
- Fully participate in the creation of a world that is just, diverse, inclusive and ever-changing
What We Value These values are the core beliefs at SEM that shape our community, inform our decisions, and guide our actions.
Women as Scholars and Leaders
We cultivate the intellect and independence of women, supporting them as life-long scholars and leaders.
Community of Belonging
We are a community of belonging. We embrace the richness of diversity in people and ideas and strive for an equitable experience for all.
Integrity of Character
We expect honor, compassion, and honesty in our words and actions.
Health and Resilience
We nurture the wellness of ourselves and our community, knowing it is essential to learning and growth.
We know that whether in school, in Buffalo, or in the world we must engage as empathetic and informed citizens.