Head's Council on Alumnae Engagement
The Head’s Council on Alumnae Engagement (HCAE) was established in June 2017 as a leadership team to support SEM’s Head of School and set broad direction for transitioning the Buffalo Seminary Alumnae Association (BSAA) to a new organizational model with national and international focus.
Building on the friendships and shared experiences of the unique all-girls education that SEM provides, the vision of the HCAE is to strengthen connections between the school and her alumnae, and to cultivate contacts and community among alumnae living “Far from thy sheltering arms.” The ties that unite us are not limited by time or place.
Led by team of alumnae representing a broad range of classes and geographic regions, the mission of the HCAE is to maintain our connection to one another and the school for personal and professional fulfillment, and to advance the mission and reputation of SEM. We are committed to fostering and maintaining the sense of community and support that we cherish from our time at SEM.
In support of this mission, the HCAE undertakes to:
· Communicate to all alumnae SEM’s desire to engage with alumnae beyond her traditional WNY base and announce opportunities to connect with the school and with other alumnae for socializing, networking, and learning about current goings-on at SEM
· Establish new chapters of the BSAA in cities and regions beyond WNY by organizing social or educational gatherings to bring alumnae together, and identifying and encouraging local alumnae leaders to further develop connections and community in their area
· Serve as a resource and catalyst for individual alumnae to build personal and professional connections and conversations with alumnae in their community or in areas of career or personal interest
· At the request of the Head of School, provide advice and perspective on matters affecting SEM’s mission, vision, values, and traditions
The goal of increased engagement is to provide alumnae opportunities for social activity, continuing education, and to provide networking opportunities that can enhance the development of their personal and professional lives
Continued and meaningful connection with the school will enhance SEM’s reputation, strengthen enrollment recruitment, and increase community and/or philanthropic support from across the globe.
As approved by SEM’s Board of Trustees:
- The HCAE will be comprised of SEM alumnae representing many geographical areas.
- The Head’s Council is to be a 12-14 person working team, including the SEM Alumna Trustee, at least one liaison from each Chapter, and at-large members both from Western NY and beyond.
For more information on how to plan alumnae events in your area please reach out to Julianna Jordan '05 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-885-6780 ext. 221.
Come See Us on the Road!
We always welcome the opportunity to connect with alumnae and friends!
Find Head of School Helen Marlette:
East Coast of Florida: April 2019 Dates TBD
Please check your email for updates!
Please inquire with Julianna '05: email@example.com
to organize an event in your city!
|Betsy Bloom, Beyond WNY chair||2008||MA|
|Kilby Bronstein, Co-chair||2010||BSAA|
|Lucy B Coburn, Co-chair||1973||BUF|
|Bethany J. Grabiec||1994||CA|
|Erin Sozanski Goubiere||2003||BUF|
|Kara Hornung Kerwin||1998||MD|
|Joanna Glauser Marymor||2000||NY|
|Erin O'Brien||1986||Alumna Trustee|
|Carrie Brown Wick||1976||SC|