mySEM Student/Parent Portal
Have a wonderful break!
Classes resume Monday, November 28. It will be an A Day schedule and the first day of Trimester 2.
TRI 1 FINAL PROJECTS
SEM T-SHIRTS & SWEATSHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT SEM! SEE MS. MILLS IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE
- 2022-23 School Calendar at-a-glance
- Bell Schedule
- Dress Code 2022-23
- SNAP Health Portal
- Student Handbook
- Athletic Handbook 2022-23
- SEM Weekly back issues
SEM has elected to use the SNAP Health Portal to better connect you with your child’s school health and wellness information. This web-based system provides an easy, secure, and green way for you to update and review important school health information and medical documents throughout the year. With 24-hour access over the web, you will be able to:
Electronically sign and submit all health forms safely over the internet
Review and update new health information such as vaccinations, health conditions, and screening results throughout the school year
Receive immediate notifications when there are changes in your child’s health status
Easily message Nurse Kim to expedite communication
Mondays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Tuesdays 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Fridays 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dear SEM Community,
It is with awe and deep respect that I share a new addition to Harry Schooley’s text book, A History of Modern Europe. Harry Schooley taught European History, in addition to numerous other classes, during his career at SEM. When he could not find a text that contained the depth and breadth to cover the complexities of modern European history, he wrote his own.
Today, we are confronted by the war between Russia and Ukraine. To understand the historical context of this war, we share Harry’s text, and his recent addition to give us perspective on the current crisis. Harry humbly accepted the task to help the SEM community understand the current war in Ukraine by writing a new chapter. Chapter 31: Cold War Redux
Harry is a true educator. He encourages us to look to history, stay informed, draw our own conclusions, and to “ stay tuned.”
Please take the opportunity to refresh your knowledge of history and to thoughtfully address the war in Ukraine.
While we're doing an unprecedented amount of online shopping, please consider picking SEM as your AmazonSmile beneficiary! It's an easy way to give to SEM!
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.
To choose your charitable organization:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a new charitable organization to support.
- To make the giving seamless bookmark Smile.Amazon.com
instead of just amazon.com
For more information about the AmazonSmile program, go to http://smile.amazon.com/abo
The goal of Sem’s Community Service Program is to inspire and facilitate a giving spirit in each of you, so that reaching out to others and giving of one’s time and energy become a way of life.
Service Learning and Community Engagement are important concepts in the community service world. The premise is that it takes time, effort, and consistency to cultivate a giving spirit. By actively engaging with one or many organizations over the course of the school year, you can be a part of the wider Buffalo community. A lot of learning goes on, and before you know it, you will have accumulated service hours!
- Each student is expected to complete a minimum of 10 hours of service each year.
- All service hours are to be recorded online. One entry per project.
- Students may participate in SEM organized projects or ones that you have discovered for yourself.
- All work that is voluntary and that assists others will be counted as community service hours.
- Projects completed during the summer will be counted toward that coming year’s goal.
- Hours will be tabulated throughout the year so that you can monitor your progress to the 10-hour per year goal. This information is found on the Community Service Page.
- Advisors will also be informed of their advisees’ hours.
- Community Service hours will be recorded on each student’s transcript at the end of the year.
Let’s get out there and make a difference!
Pictures above from Taylor Terrell. SEM students helping at the Saturday Academy at Harvey Middle School.
The dark room needs volunteers! It has been out of commission for years, but we are hoping to get it up and running once again before winter. Once finished it will open opportunities for interested students to learn how to process and develop film. If you are willing to help out we would mostly be cleaning, reorganizing, and replacing chemicals and equipment during and after school. If you are interested or have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear SEM Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the Parent Association, it is my pleasure to welcome you to SEM and the School Parent Association community.
The last several years, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been unable to gather as a community. We are so excited and happy to announce that we are back in action and looking forward to a school year full of community events. We will be bringing back many Parent Association favorites such as the family picnic, pickle ball on Bidwell, Thanksgiving bread, holiday cookie exchange, rose dance and Spring brunch.
As an association, we would like to support our head of school and faculty and help enrich our students' school experiences. It is our goal to create a sense of community for all parents and guardians. We want to meet you, help you feel comfortable in your daughter's school and have you get to know the wonderful teachers and staff.
Our Parent Association meetings will be held on:
- Tuesday, October 4 at 8:00am - Come watch morning meeting and meet our arts staff
- Thursday, November 3 at 8:00am
- Tuesday, January 10 at 8:00am
- Thursday, February 10 at 8:00am
- Tuesday May 2 at 8:00am
If you would like to get involved please contact me at email@example.com or 716-572-2236. We would love to have help in planning events and love new ideas and will take any opportunity to hear suggestions!
I look forward to getting together with you and spending time meeting you,
Proud SEM Parent
Mother of Lilli Rauch 2025