mySEM Student/Parent Portal
- SEM Social Media
- Morning Meeting Videos
- Community Service
- Technology Resources
- Lunch Menu
- Parent Association
Please sign up for clubs by contacting the club president.
These are student created web pages.
Student Government (SGA)
Animal Awareness Club
Computer Programming Club
Donate Life Team
Dungeons and Dragons Club
Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA)
Harry Potter Club
Hornet / Jacket Board
National Honor Society
Pop Culture Discussion Club
Self Defense Club
7:50-7:55 Advisor takes attendance and checks dress code
7:55-8:00 Students line up by class/Advisor submits attendance
8:15-8:57 1st Period
8:57-9:39 2nd Period
9:39-10:59 3rd Period
10:59-11:41 4th Period
11:41-12:11 1st Lunch
12:11-12:31 2nd Lunch
12:46-2:06 5th Period
2:06-2:48 6th Period
2:48-3:30 7th Period
Proctored study hall is in the Gallery every period.
The list of students assigned to PSH each week is posted outside of Ms. Cunningham's office. All students and parents assigned to PSH receive an email the week before.
Students assigned to PSH will be connected to LAN school during regular school hours.
An easy way to give to SEM!
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a new charitable organization to support.
- To make the giving seamless bookmark Smile.Amazon.com
instead of just amazon.com
For more information about the AmazonSmile program, go to http://smile.amazon.com/abo
Find out with a free student subscription to The New York Times. If you'd like to have the paper delivered to your email each morning, add your name here.
**Senior photos are due the first day of school as well as 2 baby/toddler photos. Digital files are preferred; jpeg format at 5x7” and 300ppi (high resolution). Files may be sent to email@example.com
**Look for a contact information verification form in you email in mid August.
**schedules and school supplies are now available on the class pages
The following links contain the information emailed to families in July.
The Family Help Center
The goal of Sem’s Community Service Program is to inspire and facilitate a giving spirit in each of you, so that reaching out to others and giving of one’s time and energy become a way of life.
Service Learning and Community Engagement are important concepts in the community service world. The premise is that it takes time, effort, and consistency to cultivate a giving spirit. By actively engaging with one or many organizations over the course of the school year, you can be a part of the wider Buffalo community. A lot of learning goes on, and before you know it, you will have accumulated service hours!
Everything you need to know about Sem’s program can be found on the “Community Service” tab on Edline’s homepage.
- Each student is expected to complete a minimum of 10 hours of service each year.
- All service hours are to be recorded online. One entry per project. Click on the Community Service tab on Edline to go to the Community Service Page and find the form.
- Students may participate in Sem organized projects or ones that you have discovered for yourself.
- All work that is voluntary and that assists others will be counted as community service hours.
- Projects completed during the summer will be counted toward that coming year’s goal.
- Hours will be tabulated throughout the year so that you can monitor your progress to the 10-hour per year goal. This information is found on the Community Service Page on Edline.
- Advisors will also be informed of their advisees’ hours.
- Community Service hours will be recorded on each student’s transcript at the end of the year.
Let’s get out there and make a difference!
Mrs. Kyle Hopkins
Community Service Coordinator
SEM's Technology Office is open SCHOOL days from 7:30 am - 4 pm.
We are available by email off hours as well.
Before contacting Tech Support:
1. Try restarting the computer. Restarting will often fix technical glitches by cleaning out the computer's memory. If the computer is not responding and won't restart normally, you have to force it to turn off by holding down the power button for about 30 seconds. (You will lose any unsaved work.) Then turn it back on.
2. Ask a classmate for help with the problem. Chances are, if you ask three people, one of them will have had this same problem, and will know how to fix it.
For Service and Support:
Take your computer to the Tech Office if it is not working properly or is in need of repair. The Tech Office is located on the second floor down the left hallway. The office is open from 7:30am - 4:00pm during school days.
We are happy to help with any software or "how to" questions as well as any hardware issues or repair needs.
Tech support phone: 716.885.6780, ext. 222