mySEM Student/Parent Portal
There are no events to display
PYTHON CODED GAMES
Enjoy these final projects from the Intro to Computer Science Class!
Click to enjoy this amazing virtual gallery!
SEM T-SHIRTS & SWEATSHIRTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT SEM! SEE MS. MILLS IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE
Dear SEM Community,
It is with awe and deep respect that I share a new addition to Harry Schooley’s text book, A History of Modern Europe. Harry Schooley taught European History, in addition to numerous other classes, during his career at SEM. When he could not find a text that contained the depth and breadth to cover the complexities of modern European history, he wrote his own.
Today, we are confronted by the war between Russia and Ukraine. To understand the historical context of this war, we share Harry’s text, and his recent addition to give us perspective on the current crisis. Harry humbly accepted the task to help the SEM community understand the current war in Ukraine by writing a new chapter. Chapter 31: Cold War Redux
Harry is a true educator. He encourages us to look to history, stay informed, draw our own conclusions, and to “ stay tuned.”
Please take the opportunity to refresh your knowledge of history and to thoughtfully address the war in Ukraine.
While we're doing an unprecedented amount of online shopping, please consider picking SEM as your AmazonSmile beneficiary! It's an easy way to give to SEM!
On your first visit to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.
To choose your charitable organization:
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a new charitable organization to support.
- To make the giving seamless bookmark Smile.Amazon.com
instead of just amazon.com
For more information about the AmazonSmile program, go to http://smile.amazon.com/abo
Pictures above from Taylor Terrell. SEM students helping at the Saturday Academy at Harvey Middle School.
The Family Help Center
The goal of Sem’s Community Service Program is to inspire and facilitate a giving spirit in each of you, so that reaching out to others and giving of one’s time and energy become a way of life.
Service Learning and Community Engagement are important concepts in the community service world. The premise is that it takes time, effort, and consistency to cultivate a giving spirit. By actively engaging with one or many organizations over the course of the school year, you can be a part of the wider Buffalo community. A lot of learning goes on, and before you know it, you will have accumulated service hours!
- Each student is expected to complete a minimum of 10 hours of service each year.
- All service hours are to be recorded online. One entry per project.
- Students may participate in Sem organized projects or ones that you have discovered for yourself.
- All work that is voluntary and that assists others will be counted as community service hours.
- Projects completed during the summer will be counted toward that coming year’s goal.
- Hours will be tabulated throughout the year so that you can monitor your progress to the 10-hour per year goal. This information is found on the Community Service Page.
- Advisors will also be informed of their advisees’ hours.
- Community Service hours will be recorded on each student’s transcript at the end of the year.
Let’s get out there and make a difference!
We are again looking for volunteers from our community to help with our 2022 Buffalo Therapeutic Riding Program on Monday afternoons. Attached is the schedule of dates needed, an information packet, and a registration form. All of which you can copy and have available. Sessions start on April 25th with training provided on Saturday April 23rd at 3:00 - 4:00
Interested individuals need to be 15 years of age and older and can go to our website at www.thebtrc.org , for further information and download the application as well or contact me directly 716-877-9295 or email@example.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to call.
Thank you in advance for your consideration,
There are no events to display
Please help us to build a strong partnership for the upcoming school year!